Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So It Begins


A few weeks ago, I decided that I would break out my sewing machine and get "crafty".

I decided to make a collar for my beloved Border Collie, Sage. She loves to accessorize and I thought that I would be able to do this for her and involve her in the process. Fortunately, I bought really cute fabric and a great bottle of wine to help me get over the sewing hump. After cutting the fabric and pinning it to the ribbon, I was finally ready to give my sewing machine a test run.

Fortunately, with the help of a great friend, the collar turned out perfectly. It was now onto the bow...which took a little bit more time to fabricate than anticipated. However, after a few minutes of careful stitches, the collar was finally ready for its finishing touch - a "pooch" button.

For me, the final embellishment really pulled the entire collar together. Once I was finished, Sage went nuts over her new accessory. She proceeded to jump and do back flips - a sight which definitely vindicated my "crafty" efforts.

With that in mind, I have decided to custom make collars for other people's beloved family members too. Each collar can be custom made for any season, everyday wear or a special occassion.

If you are interested in receiving "Slobber Kisses" from your papmpered pooch, then consider purchasing their new and favorite accessory from Slobber Kisses. You'll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment